Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mexican Shrimp Cocktail

I have only seen this served in the Imperial Valley where Lance is from. The people there eat Mexican food whether they are Mexican or not. But down there the food is good. When you are away from it, you start to crave it. This recipe was given to me by my sister in law, Stephanie. It is great served as an appetizer or a light meal with tortilla chips.

Mix together in a big bowl:

2 cucumbers, diced
1 chopped onion-I use less and I chop small
2-3 avocados, diced
2 tomatoes seeded and diced
3 celery ribs, diced
1/4 bunch of cilantro, chopped
juice of 4 lemons-to taste
2 T horseradish
jalapenos-optional

Pour over:
1/2 jar of Clamato

Just before serving, add 50-70 count precooked shrimp from Costco or the like. If you add too early, the shrimp gets tough because the acid in the juices start to cook it.

This is so good, I am craving some right now!

No comments: