Thursday, July 24, 2008

Molasses Cookies


This recipe was given to me by my friend, Jessica Mortensen. She got it from her mother in law. Lance loves these and so do the rest of us. They are filled with oil and white flour-so not good for you- but the combo is too delicious to resist.

Blend together-I use my kitchenaid mixer:
1 1/2 C oil-I use canola
1/2 C molasses
2 C sugar
2 eggs

Then add and blend:
4 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
1 t cloves

Then add one cup at a time:
4 C Flour

Roll into 1" balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. I place on a foil lined metal jelly roll pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 mins. Cookies should look like they are undercooked, so don't let them crack on top. I pull out of my oven at 5 mins. Let them continue to bake on the hot sheet and then finish on a rack. They taste best the next day after they have sat for awhile.

No comments: