Friday, July 25, 2008

Rice Krispie Treats

I was getting tired of having extra marshmallows after making treats because all of the recipes I had called for only part of the bag. I altered a recipe so that I could use the whole bag.

Place in a large microwaveable bowl and microwave for 1 min:

8 T butter
1 16 oz. bag marshmallows

Remove and stir with wooden spoon. Put back in microwave for 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat this step until mixture is completely melted and combined.

Add and stir:

1 t vanilla
dash of salt

Then add and stir in:

10 C rice krispies

After mixed, pour into a 9x13 pan or like size. I use a folded piece of wax paper greased with butter or cooking spray to pat down the rice krispie treats into pan. Let sit for a couple hours so they can set up.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You are making me hungry.

Stacy said...

I have to tell you i used this recipe for christmas dessert and it was good. Not that you can really mess u rice crispies.